Thursday, June 5, 2008


Bedroom

Chad, Marcy, me on the top of the rock. . . . Soroti Rock 
The usual bike path
What I see while I bike for the majority of the ride. . . .
Me, looking all rugged
A view of my bush
Home

Hello to all! Needing to come into town for a meeting with my host agency, the Soroti Primary Teacher's College, I decided to bring my computer and type a quick post for all to read. I have an overwhelming stack of 20 letters to mail today, so I hope they all make it into your lovely (and soft, at least softer than mine) hands. These last few weeks at site flew by I was so busy. The weather was perfect, as I guess is the case in June. It reminds me of the last few weeks of spring when the mornings are crisp and the wind causes the temperature to hover at the point of warm. Blissful. Anyways, I started running life skills workshops for Primary 7 students, so I now talk about HIV/AIDS everyday. Thanks to one Ms. Blomker, I took the experience-based approach to my workshop and the students are acting as T4/8 cells, diseases, B cells, and all the other glorious players in the human body. Needless to say, the teachers and students have never seen anything like this style of teaching, so I know I'm modeling something right! I'm going into my 5th month in country, and 3rd at site, so I only have to make it through June and I can start venturing out to work with other volunteers in Uganda. Not much for crazy stories, but I'm going to try and upload some pictures. . . . cross your fingers. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so nice to see pictures of you and where you are living. Your view is beautiful! Your next letter is on it's way! Love and miss you tons!