Thursday, April 3, 2008

April Showers

I thought it time
For a quick update
After a trip to site
To see my fate

Nine hours from Kampala
Awaits a quaint little town
A roundabout with four roads
Not much else around

I live at the school
My house is a dream
Surrounded by savanah and mango trees
It is quite the scene

The people so warm
Milk, tea, nuts they bring
To welcome me home
Oh, and I'm now known as Omoding

As I move one last time
My address does, too
So take note where to send post
So I can get mail from you

As always
I miss you all
I send many hugs
Can you feel them?
No, not the bugs!

So, take in the first days of spring
As flowers bloom
Snow melts
Trees bud
And we'll connect again soon.

Okay, friends, until I establish my own P.O. Box, please sent all post and packages to the following address:

Omoding Adam Kelley, PCV
c/o Serere Primary School
P.O. Box 2016
Serere, Uganda
AFRICA

4 comments:

alexisboo said...

I think you might be the next E. E. Cummings. seriously.

I miss you so
that is fo sho

eat some more bananas for me.

Mom said...

Enjoyed your poetry; you were always talented with it. It's partly cloudy with rain tonite and many days this week, but it's warmer. Good luck with your language proficiency exam tomorrow and your taxi ride to the capital on Monday. Get a coffee and log onto the internet when you arrive! A family of bikers just rode past. Hope you feel better soon.
xoxoxoxox With all my heart :)
Mom

brooke said...

hi.
i want you to know that i think about you quite a bit and wonder...how is he doing it? you are a brave brave soul and i admire you more and more every day. i wish you nothing but the best and look forward to the day i get to see you again!

p.s. i just rented my cap & gown today...reality strikes.

love, brooke ashley.

Unknown said...

Hey you!

I'm getting ready to do the roots unit in a couple of weeks and every time I look at that binder I think of you and how much love and effort you put into it and how honored I am to be able to share it with my students. I will be writing more letters soon...I hope you've gotten the others!

Love you!
Em