Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Bit in Advance . . .

Wishlist 2008: I know it is July, but I wanted to throw out some small suggestions for gifts to ensure my mental health around the holidays. After all, I’ll be without snow, family, and song. . . . and the mail takes fu©king forever.

  1. Sierra Club Calendar 2009
  2. Writing Journal or Novel
    1. The Book of Negroes/ Someone Knows My Name by Lawrence Hill
    2. The Story of a Marriage by Andrew Sean Greer
    3. The Tale of Beedle the Bard by JK Rowling
  3. Entertainment (movies, books, CDs all count) that doesn’t take thought
    1. Suggestions: India.Arie, The Holiday, Prime, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Mean Girls, Ugly Betty, Grey’s Anatomy, etc.
  4. Sharpie Pens with extra-fine tips
  5. Brownie or misc. baking mixes (no explanation needed, my grumbling stomach speaks for itself)
  6. Gardening gloves (to save my beaten, battered hands)
  7. Colored Pencils or Markers (they don’t exist here)
  8. Batteries (AAA)
  9. Bert’s Bees Lip Balm & Bath Oil (makes bucket bathing almost worthhile)
  10. Crest White Strips (yes, I can still have white teeth in Uganda)
  11. American Apparel polos (think dark colors. I get down and dirty daily)
  12. Money to stay a night at Soroti Hotel (very posh). The American value is about $40.
  13. A call or card from you to make my lonely holiday go by faster. 
  14. Measuring cups/ spoons
  15. iPod earbuds
  16. Scented candles

Just a thought or two: Anything is nice. I tried to think of things that can be shipped in larger envelopes rather than boxes. Also, next holiday season, I plan to make a visit home, so this is our only jolly time apart. Love and miss you all.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thank you, sonny.
Love,
Mom